3D Software Recommendations

Started by
5 comments, last by Anduin 23 years, 10 months ago
What 3D software should I use for creating 3D models and terrain, for use in games. Something free would be nice, but anything under $75 or so would be fine. --- Benjamin Grayland
---Benjamin Grayland
Advertisement
Try Milkshape 3D, it''s free for 30 days! I don''t remember an URL, but I''m sure you''ll find it with a search engine.

Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.st

GA
Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.stGA
You could try blender (www.blender.nl). I''ve never used it, but I''ve heard good things about it. Probably doesn''t do terrain

Another thing you might try is Truespace. Truespace 4 is around $500, but I think they have some kind of special edition that costs a lot less. (in fact, I think the old FireGL cards used to come with it) I don''t think truespace does terrain though.

For terrain, you may want a seperate program like Bryce, Vue d''esprit, or Vista Pro (if it''s still around). I doubt you''ll find a modeller and a terrain editor for $75 - unless you find a used copy of Bryce or something.

Check the posts ''Modelling Software'', there are two of them. They contain a ton of information and modelling software
D.V.Carpe Diem
And just incase you don''t check out
-----------------------------------------------All messages are of my own personal opinion and not meant to offend. But if they do - tough :)Neuro.
And just incase you don't check out
Strata3D Modeller

Edited by - Neuro on June 19, 2000 11:05:57 AM
-----------------------------------------------All messages are of my own personal opinion and not meant to offend. But if they do - tough :)Neuro.
I agree with the Neurro, Strata3D. It''s free, easy to use, and powerful. Couldn''t ask for more...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement