Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

... Screens & Info to my RTS "SunAge-blasted into oblivion" ...

This topic is 6384 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys ! Just a little "teaser"-pic: To see more please go to www.vertex4.com... Note: I''m working on that now for 3.5 years (it was definitly the 1st of Jan in 1997, where I said to myself: let''s do it now...) and the whole programming & gfx are made by me... (Visual C/C++ / inline assembler), for the gfx I use 3DS Max 2.5 (but I began with 3ds4 (what a hazzle))... I''m now in search for a publisher and I really hope to get one, cawz'' this game has really nice features, runs very smoothly (up to 140 fps on a Intel Celeron 300), and last but not least all my love went in there... The background music & sfx are from a mp3-artist angina p. (ok, its my sister, so it''s some sort of family business we''re starting... ) have also a look there => www.mp3.com/anginap There are still lots of things to do (especially in the gfx-section: here''s a little table, how we see completion status: - programming 90-95% - gfx 45-50% - backgroundtunes 70% - sfx 35% - leveldesign 5% - storydesign 35% So, what do you think ? Which publisher / distributor should I contact first ? Is there anybody, who has good addresses ? Appreciating any kind of answer... Thanx, Roman

Very impressive. Post here when you have a demo availiable for download. BTW I like your sisters music, I just downloaded tokyo_6pm and I thought it was great.

-- Kazan - Fire Mountain Games --

Thanx...

Yes, I think you''re right (about the demo), but it would be quite large, cawz'' of the gfx (min 5-10 MB zipped, i guess)...

I have to think about that...

Roman

Hi !

Oops, I just tried to zip the minimum version of my game, and
it''s still 48 MB with maximum compression...

but anyway, I think I first have to get a publisher and then
to decide if its good or bad to have an early demo of this
game available...

but perhaps I''m having one soon, and then of course I will
post the link to it right here...

greetz, Roman

Yeah!

No tiles, cawz'' I don''t use tiling => the most cool thing about this is, that I play huge InGameVideos right on the Map without increasing memory size at all. (huge platforms moving up & down, large transporters landing, etc...)

The resolution is any your GFX card supports... (or did you mean the resolution of the map???) & the game runs at 16 bpp...

greetz,
Roman

Screen Res is what I meant, thnx...does the game use 3d acceleration? I just see alot of alphablending in their with the rocket smoke and shadows from buildings/characters/etc...

if not, tell me how u did the alpha blending fast enough for a good frames per second...

thnx
scott
cfe

Hi !

No, no 3d-acceleration now...

The blending-code is in assembler of course, and I load the gfx in a dword-aligned way & I also add (blend) them to dword-addresses, which means, that transparency effects can only be positioned on 2 pix - boundaries, cawz'' otherways you get tons of cache-dismisses, which slows down rendering in a very uncool way...

Most of the transparency effects are no real blending-fx they are just adding or subtracting the source values...

I only use real alpha blending for any kind of bg-objects (burnt grounds, craters, aso.) which can be placed in my level-editor, cawz'' this is kind of slow. the little rocks surrounding my plateaus (on my homepage www.vertex4.com there are some of those pics...) e.g. are rendered into the map at level-loading-time, because rendering such large maps in 3dsmax , with a detail-level like this, would take quite a little time...

greetz, Roman