Programming schools, universities

Started by
11 comments, last by ricardo_arango 20 years, 9 months ago
I''ve noticed that DigiPen seems to take pride in their job placement rate for graduates. So I''d have to agree, if they''re placing most of their students in jobs then they have to be doing something right (especially with the economy we have now).
Advertisement
Those schools do not have an official placement rate. Where are you getting these number from?

Also I am just echoing things which were told to me by people responsible for hiring into the game industry.

Maybe I am biased however, considering right now I managed to land an awesome internship with only 1/2 of a CS degree.

[edited by - spg on July 9, 2003 11:33:26 AM]
-- Steve --

(* Of the 1349 trained students who graduated from October 2000 through September 2001, 78% gained initial employment by December 2002.)

from FullSail.com so take it with a grain of salt, but I haven''t seen any thing else to prove that statistic wrong. Many of the old FullSail students I have chatted with have found employment at game studios and development teams as modelers, artists, junior programmers, and other entry level positions.

DigiPen I was just going by the stat listed earlier in this post and, again, no reason to doubt it from what I''ve seen/heard.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement