Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shaft

My software arch thinking series...

shaft    126
Hey all, I''ve recently become the moderator for the software engineering section of a game forum. Anyways to get people to think about architecture in games I''ve posted the first in my THINKING series. I''ve posted up a simple model for a game, and I''m asking people to analyze it, find it''s flaws, and see if it would work for ANY game (or what games it wouldn''t work for). This is a high level, abstract question, and I hope you all will check it out and submit your input. There are many advanced developers here, and your input to the learning series would be invaluable. Click on the link, then go to the software engineering section. http://www.neosgameprogforum.tk/ Later, Jeff Plummer (NOTE: I have no other affiliation (other than as moderator to one of the forums) with the neosgameprogforum site, so I''m not trying to compete with game dev. You don''t need to join the site to reply to the question).

Shannon Barber    1681
I have to concur with the criticism already posted, the diagram is very vague. You are also missing a critical portion of a game engine - the virtual time service. (There actually is a couple of decent articles posted recently here on gamedev about making a game engine).

[edited by - Magmai Kai Holmlor on July 7, 2003 12:41:19 AM]