Scaling/rotating SDL surfaces

Started by
7 comments, last by Drooling Iguana 20 years, 9 months ago
Can anyone recommend a good library for scaling and rotating SDL surfaces? Does one exist?
Advertisement
http://home.swipnet.se/cal_home/sge/index.html
OpenGL?
That SGE library looks interesting. I''ll take a closer look at it tomorrow, but from what I''ve seen it looks like it''ll suit my needs. I was in the process of teaching myself OpenGL so that I could switch my graphics code over to it, but now that I''ve found an SDL library that does what I need it to do I think I''ll put that off for a bit longer.
Well, I took a look at the SGE library, and it suits my needs reasonably well, but I can''t seem to get it to preserve my image''s transparancy when it blits it to the screen. I''ve tried it with both colorkeyed bitmaps and alpha channeled PNGs, and it still draws a solid colour box around my sprite. I can''t seem to find any information on how to fix this on the SGE website. Anyone know what I should do?
SGE doesn''t do color keying, so your best bet is to stick to 2D OpenGL and alpha channels. Much faster than software rendering, too, and it looks nicer
Well, I''ve been trying to compile SDL with OpenGL support, but the source tarball on their web page doesn''t compile. It gives the following error when I type "make" (after running configure, of course):

SDL_stretch.c:264:47: missing terminating " character
SDL_stretch.c:266:25: missing terminating " character

Anyone know where I can find a copy of the SDL source that actually works?
I seriously doubt there''s anything wrong with the source code. People are compiling it every day. Make sure you didn''t get a cvs version or something.

MSVC Fixes | STL Docs | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost
Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff | Tiny XML | STLPort]
Actually, I got the CVS version yesterday and it worked. Apparently they changed GCC to be more standards compliant some time between when the 1.2.5 release was made and the time I tried to compile it, which caused some of the inline assembly to not work properly. They fixed it in the CVS version, though, and it works fine now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement