Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arek the Absolute

Console color

Quick question for someone... Is there an easy way to set the color of text in a console application? If I have to get into complicated graphics modes, I''m not going to bother, but I just found it strange that I can''t seem to find anything on the subject in MSDN or anything like that. Any function names you can give me or anything? -Arek the Absolute

TempusElf    186
Though I know that you're probably my competition in the Ascii junkie mini contest... well heck what is a contest without challenge? I think that what you're looking for is WriteConsoleOutputAttribute()... hope that helps and good luck!

let me show you how it would go down with post-its attached to the top of pens.

[edited by - TempusElf on July 7, 2003 6:38:59 PM]

Valderman    513
Check out SetConsoleTextAttribute.

"For crying out loud, she has fishes coming out of her head on either side. How can you find this hot?!"

"If anyone sees a suspicious, camouflaged factory being carried across the desert, they should report it immediately."

Rhin0tea    122
hi arek

i think you need to look under console functions. I think you need to look at www.gametutorials.com you can find the link on Gamedev. They do some tutorials on console applications. look under index in your MSDN click on index and type in( "Console sample (console functions)" ) this will give you a list of all the functions in the console sdk. or type in ( "writeconsoleoutput" ) click on it then display some information on it will appear move to the bottom and click on the high lighted word "console functions" and a complete list will appear and if you click on them you will get the information on each function. Happy reading.

We Are Borg, Resistance Is Futile