Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JohnyBoy

3D Programming

I was wandering if their is a tutorial out there on how to make a 3D cube or world in pure API i''v been programming in C++ for a month so it doesn''t matter what level its at. Every time i tried to make a 3D world i wouldn''t know where to start so could somebody help me please.

1 month of C++ is prolly not enough to learn an API. You should know nearly everything of C++ before you dig into an api.

I do i have already made a few 2d scrolling games i just can''t figure out how to do 3d with no directx like the maths behind it.

You''re getting confused here.... DirectX IS an API, and you''ll STILL need the maths in DirectX (well not all the maths but some at least)...

Basically all i want to know is how to make perspective textures using only GDI commands like BitBlt and others can somebody help.

this looks like as good of a place as any to ask...do api''s have their own language to them??? or just functions and all that stuff??? maybe my question makes no sense at all...or maybe im jsut rambling

You should probably get a book really. Try tricks 2. One book that I have is building a 3d game engine in c++ by brian hook. Its dos based but basically you just need to know how to plot pixels in ddraw to use it.