• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Masoud

OpenGL OpenGL+Debug+Voodoo3+win2k problems

This topic is 6606 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello folks i have some problems with programming opengl. First of all, i use win2000 prof. + voodoo3 3000. I installed the latest 3dfx drivers (release 1.0). While everything (games, etc.) runs well in release-mode, i get lot of problems in debugmode. By calling wglDeleteContext(...) at cleanup i get a a "user break ...." in the nt-kernel dll. I tried many different opengl-mini-apps. I wonder if its a bug in 3dfx driver, in win2k or whatever. Anyone has the same problem ? Regards Masoud

Advertisement

I''m using voodoo3 3000 and I found some problems in windowed mode in one of the latest driver release...(so I don''t change it).
You shoud use IDC version of the driver (Installable Client Driver) not a minigl driver.
However I have no (Win/OpenGL) problem when I''m exiting from the application...(are you making a clean up at exit?)

When your application finished (or you''re going to change display mode)
wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL );
wglDeleteContext( hRC ); // delete render context
ReleaseDC( hWnd, hDC ); // release device context

Remember to GetDC when you init OpenGL and not every time you call SwapBuffers(hDC).

I''ve also noticed some strange bugs:

1) If you don''t draw a lot of thing (for example clear and swap) the application crashes when you try to resize it (swap per second >300)!

2) If you draw lines and they are clipped against the viewport, clipped colors are wrong...if you enable GL_WIDTH and you set glLineWidth(1.000001f) lines will be 1.0 width but the colors are correct!

Are You also on Win2k ?
You mentioned ICD drivers, all i did was to install the
win2k drivers from 3dfx web, do i need to install any
additional "packages" ? (ICD ?).
I cleaned my app the standard-way, which is (almost) the same
as You wrote:

wglMakeCurrent( hDC, NULL );
wglDeleteContext( hRC ); // delete render context
ReleaseDC( hWnd, hDC ); // release device context

An i mentioned, i even tried many different 3rd party opengl-
mini apps, they all behaved the same, "crash" (user-breakpoint)
at wglDeleteContext(...).
Btw, NeHe''s OpenGL miniapp crahsed totally on my computer.

Regards,

Masoud

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!