how to market my game

Started by
4 comments, last by Mohsen Saad 20 years, 9 months ago
hello, How can I market my games.
Advertisement
that''s a bit like asking "how can I program games?"
I think you should do a little research first and come up with some more specific questions
1st. Determain what kind of person would play your game.
2nd. Find out where that person likes to hang out on the internet.
3rd. Advertise in those areas.
4th. Listen to feedback, and improve your game baised on it.
|
|
\_/

~~~~~
SNOBOL-If you succeed, shoot yourself in the left foot. If you fail, shoot yourself in the right foot.
Download and play Slime King I.
~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn
Read http://www.gamedev.net/reference/business/features/shareprof/, which is posted here on GameDev. The article is full of usefull information and has links that should answer your questions.

First make it work,
then make it fast.

--Brian Kernighan

"I’m happy to share what I can, because I’m in it for the love of programming. The Ferraris are just gravy, honest!" --John Carmack: Forward to Graphics Programming Black Book
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]
I''ll do it for you for $5000 !
'A library consists of the actual binary code behind the API. You link your game code to the library to make everything work.'
i''ll do it for 3 easy payments of $333.

Seriously though, read the above mentioned article and then Google for direct marketing. You may need to buy one of those books if you are going to do it yourself.

But if you are a programmer, you should look at doing business with a shareware publisher.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement