Final Scratch?

Started by
1 comment, last by Oluseyi 20 years, 9 months ago
Just curious as to whether anybody here had heard of or had interest in Stanton Mechanics'' Final Scratch setup. For the completely uninitiated, it''s a hardware/software combo that allows a DJ to spin, scratch and otherwise precisely control the timing of any digital music. The kit consists of three vinyl LPs (one is a spare) that contain no music - just timing codes - and the Scratch Amp for connecting the computer to the mixer/turntable. More info here. Comments?
Advertisement
I''m sorry I can''t really comment on what you asked, but are you planning on becoming a DJ?
"Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared
Keeping my options open. I want to get back to making music and really explore more forms and sounds (I used to do a lot of synth-heavy hip-hop; I now want to integrate more live instrumentation, from acoustic and electric guitars to turntables). I find the Final Scratch to be an interesting option for someone like myself who is neither interested in buying vinyl LPs (too fragile) or carting them around (too heavy). It''s also a cheaper option in the long term, because I''ll be "spinning" CDs/digital tracks I would otherwise be listening to rather than buying LPs just to spin.

Maybe when I get comfortable making different types of music again, I''ll consider a music and dance game idea that I have lurking...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement