more bump mapping...

Started by
11 comments, last by FreJa 20 years, 9 months ago
done it already... but I get the same problem you do:

whats wrong?

[edited by - FreJa on July 9, 2003 7:26:23 AM]
"Through me the road to the city of desolation,Through me the road to sorrows diuturnal,Through me the road among the lost creation."
Advertisement
You might want to try recomputing the normal map using your own methods (or maybe the Plug-In for Photoshop from nVidia) using the texture heightmap provided with the demo. You''ve got to wonder, however, that if shared vertices are in fact, shared, they should have the same ''averaged'' normal as the same-spatially vertices on other polys. If this is true, then how can you see the edges of polygons, when as far as the lighting is concerned, they don''t exist? You might want to see how your S, T, and N vectors look at the shared vertices. Just my two cents... Anyway, I love the MD5 models, though they are set up a bit wierd, though not only am I using them as models, but also as a potential format to convert Maya files into. These things rock!

Chris Pergrossi
< ctoan >
My Realm
Chris PergrossiMy Realm | "Good Morning, Dave"
quote:Original post by c t o a n
You might want to see how your S, T, and N vectors look at the shared vertices.

So you think the S and T vectors neec to be shared and ''averaged'' also?

Here is a picture just using GL_LIGHTING. The model is smooth in most places, hints that the normals are correct.

I''ll look into averaging the vertices even if they are not ''shared'', but are in the same place.

Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement