• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Austrian Coder

Array class

This topic is 5491 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! What array classes are you using in your projects? Is there are good middleware? As far as i have seen boost::array is only for arrays with fixed size. I need an array class which i can resize at every point. Thanks, Christian

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by Austrian Coder
What array classes are you using in your projects?

std::vector.
quote:

Is there are good middleware?

Middleware?

Are you using the pure std::vector or have you a little helper class to work easier with std::vector?

Midleware: Libs, sources, so you must not reinvent the wheel (like we are saying here in Austria). So you save a lot of coding time with stuff like arrays,....

Uhm... std::vector is an oo-wrapper for arrays, and should be fairly easy to use already? I don''t see a reason to wrap it, unless you want to provide some functionality std::vector alone doesn''t offer.

quote:
Are you using the pure std::vector or have you a little helper class to work easier with std::vector?

That has the feel of a trick question. I often wrap low-level concerns such as containers into higher-level abstractions, but you asked about an array class which can be dynamically resizeable. std::vector is such a class.
quote:

Midleware: Libs, sources, so you must not reinvent the wheel (like we are saying here in Austria).

That would be `third-party libraries''. Middleware means something different.

quote:
What does Middleware mean?

It usually refers to some form of s/w intermediary for two or more processes. Examples include CORBA and MQ-Series.

Nope! Qoute form the news post:

"This anticipated physics middleware has been developed during the last two years to be the most stable and intuitive solution on the market, and at the same time providing unmatched extendibility towards the expert user."

So middleware is the same as third-party libraries!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!