Array class

Started by
25 comments, last by Austrian Coder 20 years, 9 months ago
Hi! What array classes are you using in your projects? Is there are good middleware? As far as i have seen boost::array is only for arrays with fixed size. I need an array class which i can resize at every point. Thanks, Christian
Advertisement
std::vector or std::deque depending on your needs.

[ Start Here ! | How To Ask Smart Questions | Recommended C++ Books | C++ FAQ Lite | Function Ptrs | CppTips Archive ]
[ Header Files | File Format Docs | LNK2001 | C++ STL Doc | STLPort | Free C++ IDE | Boost C++ Lib | MSVC6 Lib Fixes ]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
quote:Original post by Austrian Coder
What array classes are you using in your projects?

std::vector.
quote:
Is there are good middleware?

Middleware?
Are you using the pure std::vector or have you a little helper class to work easier with std::vector?

Midleware: Libs, sources, so you must not reinvent the wheel (like we are saying here in Austria). So you save a lot of coding time with stuff like arrays,....
-Middleware?

STL. But since STL is Standard C++, it doesn''t really count as middelware, does it?

.lick
Uhm... std::vector is an oo-wrapper for arrays, and should be fairly easy to use already? I don''t see a reason to wrap it, unless you want to provide some functionality std::vector alone doesn''t offer.
How do I set my laser printer on stun?
Are you using the pure std::vector or have you a little helper class to work easier with std::vector?

That has the feel of a trick question. I often wrap low-level concerns such as containers into higher-level abstractions, but you asked about an array class which can be dynamically resizeable. std::vector is such a class.
quote:
Midleware: Libs, sources, so you must not reinvent the wheel (like we are saying here in Austria).

That would be `third-party libraries''. Middleware means something different.
What does Middleware mean?
What does Middleware mean?

It usually refers to some form of s/w intermediary for two or more processes. Examples include CORBA and MQ-Series.
Nope! Qoute form the news post:

"This anticipated physics middleware has been developed during the last two years to be the most stable and intuitive solution on the market, and at the same time providing unmatched extendibility towards the expert user."

So middleware is the same as third-party libraries!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement