Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blitz_Krieg

Strange happenings with explorer.exe

Blitz_Krieg    122
Hey, We''re currently having some performance problems with our game, and while checking the processor/memory usage in the XP task manager, we noticed that the explorer.exe process takes up around 50-60% of processor usage while our game is running, however, when the game is not running explorer.exe generally sits idle on 0% processor usage. Has anyone had this problem before? What might be causing it? Losing half our cpu time to explorer can''t be helping our physics system at all! A bit of info on the program: It seems to happen mainly on the machine running the server (although i could be wrong, my memory is a little fuzzy). I don''t think it happens on machines that are running only our client. We are using auran JET engine for basically everything, but we are using the Tokamak physics engine for CD and physics. (Which is only run on the server currently). The server also runs in a seperate thread to the client. All the test computers run windows XP. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, CYer, Blitz