What do you think to the GameDev competition guys?

Started by
22 comments, last by fup 20 years, 9 months ago
I thinks it''s great to see everyone getting enthusiastic about AI rather than multi-pass procedural texturing, Nvidia shader technology and oct-trees oct-trees oct-trees oct-trees oct-trees! Are any of you guys thinking of entering? I''d love to have a bit of fun and enter but I''m waaay too busy prior to my move to India. Should be fun to watch though. My Website: ai-junkie.com | My Book: AI Techniques for Game Programming
Advertisement
Between Fable milestones, the AIISC and The Frozen Throne you can count me out
Will we be able to watch all the 1030519746 fights? How will the competition be displayed (as matches or as scores)?

.lick
Certainly sounds like fun - both the GameDev and AI-Junkie competitions - and seems like a good way to enhance my (meagre) AI skillz...

...if I can find the time, that is

[teamonkey]
[teamonkey] [blog] [tinyminions]
Yeah, I think we are going to be able to watch the bots fight. Going by the response so far I reckon 1030519746 fights may be an underestimate!

What''s the Frozen Throne Mike? Another Lionhead project? I''ve not heard of that one.

My Website: ai-junkie.com | My Book: AI Techniques for Game Programming
I am most definatly going to be in it, with a PouyaCatBot. I''m currently allready working out how to adapt one of my older bot AI''s for this contest. Then again... since I only lurk in those forum and don''t post, I doubt I''m one of "you guys" huh?
quote:Original post by fup
What''s the Frozen Throne Mike? Another Lionhead project? I''ve not heard of that one.

On the vague chance this is not sarcasm , The Frozen Throne is the new add on pack for Warcraft 3, delivered to my desk the day after Peter Molyneux made me announce to the company there''d be no more games at lunch due to getting Fable finished.

How this life pains me

The contest sounds like a blast. I hope we can watch the deathmatches.

I will not be participating though-- too many projects on the go during the summer (home renos, etc...).

Based on my average ranking from various Counter-Strike servers that I frequent, I''m in the top 0.7 percentile (out of 10000 I would rank 70). I would love to discuss strategy with anybody trying to give their bot a ''human'' edge..

Good luck to all who participate,
Will
------------------http://www.nentari.com
It wasn''t sarcasm, I''ve been too busy recently to be able to keep up to date with everything (I still have an unopened copy of Warcraft 3 by my desk!)Hopefully, when I''m in India I''ll have a little time to play some games. I''m looking forward to it.

No games at lunchtime eh? Hard times indeed. You Lionhead boys must be busy.

My Website: ai-junkie.com | My Book: AI Techniques for Game Programming
Yeah, it''s almost like this is an actual JOB and we WORK for a living

Mike

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement