Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aspect Ratio

This topic is 5276 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am using VB and directx for an application. I render to a midichild window. It seems I cannot get the aspect ratio correct. My current settings are the following. My screen resolution is 1280/1024, window resolution is 13305/10650, the scaling is in pixles and is 881/678. I have tried giving the matrixprospectivefovlh everything from the screen resolution to the window resulution to the scaling resulution, it always seems to be alittle (sometimes alot) off. If anyone could help me out with hte proper way to set this up for a vb window which uses pixle scaling I would really really appreciate it.

Guest Anonymous Poster
1280x1024 has a non-standard aspect ratio.. try 1280x960, it''s the same aspect as 640x480/800x600/1024x768/1152x864/1600x1600/etc.. 1280x1024 isn''t.

Can you explain how to set it up properly for any aspect ratio? Should the form size be proportional to the screen resolution? Should the scale values be proportional to it? Should I set the aspect as the screen resolution, form resultion, or scale resolution?