Visual Basic 6 and Visual Studio.NET?

Started by
5 comments, last by gpalin 20 years, 9 months ago
I have Visual Basic 6, and am thinking of getting Visual Studio.NET. Can I install VS.NET and still use VB 6? Grant Palin
Grant Palin
Advertisement
I haven''t tried it, but I''m almost certain it works. It certainly works with Visual Studio.NET and Visual C++ 6.0
quote:Original post by gpalin
I have Visual Basic 6, and am thinking of getting Visual Studio.NET. Can I install VS.NET and still use VB 6?

Grant Palin

it *does* work.. i actually did this at first because i was too busy to learn the ins and outs of vb.net.. but needless to say, VB6 is long gone from my computer now. only .net for me thanks

-eldee
;another space monkey;
[ Forced Evolution Studios ]

::evolve::

Do NOT let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is not a real doctor!

-eldee;another space monkey;[ Forced Evolution Studios ]
Yeah, it works, I have both of them installled...

BattleGuard

Only questions raise questions. Questions are raised by people, by curiousity, the gift of nature to all human beings. And curiosity is satisfied by answers, which in turn raise questions, which lead to answers. And this curiosity is what keeps SCIENCE alive...
Do you just have to make sure to install them in seperate folders?

Grant Palin
Grant Palin
quote:Original post by eldee
it *does* work.. i actually did this at first because i was too busy to learn the ins and outs of vb.net.. but needless to say, VB6 is long gone from my computer now. only .net for me thanks

A lot of people don''t have the .NET runtime yet, so I keep my version of VB6 just in case I want to write a program for the "general public".

Cédric
quote:Original post by gpalin
Do you just have to make sure to install them in seperate folders?

Grant Palin

that''s painfully obvious. surely you dont plan to install Halflife 2 in your Halflife folder do you?

-eldee
;another space monkey;
[ Forced Evolution Studios ]

::evolve::

Do NOT let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is not a real doctor!

-eldee;another space monkey;[ Forced Evolution Studios ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement