Nothing Displays with MFC Dialog App

Started by
2 comments, last by Yanroy 20 years, 9 months ago
I just created a new MFC dialog app. To the best of my knowledge, all I''ve done is edit the dialog resource, no code. Yet nothing displays when the program runs. It apparently quits instantly. As a test, I created a new project with identical setting and compiled it without changing a thing, and it correctly displays the example dialog box. Any ideas on what caused this and how I can fix it? Thanks. --------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons; (c) 2000 ROAD Programming
You are unique. Just like everybody else.
"Mechanical engineers design weapons; civil engineers design targets."
"Sensitivity is adjustable, so you can set it to detect elephants and other small creatures." -- Product Description for a vibration sensor

Yanroy@usa.com

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons; (c) 2000 ROAD Programming
"Sensitivity is adjustable, so you can set it to detect elephants and other small creatures." -- Product Description for a vibration sensor

Yanroy@usa.com

Advertisement
I hate to post in my own topic just so it will go back to the top of the list, but I really desperately need an answer... this is what the Army is paying me to code! I''m at a loss as to why my wonderful little dialog doesn''t so much as flash on the screen. Sorry.

--------------------

Yanroy@usa.com

--------------------

Yanroy@usa.com

I know this might sound dumb, but it''s the only thing I can think of. Did you add your resource.h or whatever you called it to your project? I''m assuming you are using MSVC++.
Heh... I figured out what the problem was while I was waiting for this thread to load so I could see the reply... I was using a RichEdit control and forgot to call the silly rich edit init function.

--------------------

Yanroy@usa.com

--------------------

Yanroy@usa.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement