Why go non-exclusive with a game agent?

Started by
5 comments, last by Crystal Interactive CEO 23 years, 10 months ago
Dear Developers, Why do most of you guys sign a non-exclusive with a game agent to get your product on a cheap game pack with 30 other titles? The royalties are minimal and you certainly won''t get credit for making the game... My company publishes game packs and we are always looking for good content. Interested? E-mail alexdv@nutridata.com. Take care, Alex P.S.: I have nothing against game agents. Just against the fact that they make developers sign a contract for a few dollars and mess up their chances with a publisher who requires an exclusive license...
Advertisement
I agree 100% with you.
I also see that some people make that mistake.
About talking about agent x, I don''t mention names.

I have a little question for you.

How long will it take for you to publish the game when the contract is signed. I talk in this case about a cd rom game and an collection game.

And do I have the right to cancel the contract when the game is because of company circumstances not published in for intstance 2 months. 2 months is the time you got for instance to bring the game on the market, from the date of contract is signed.
Maybe 2 months is short, I agree to make 3 months from it.
I want to get then of course the cash after the third month.
I need also to eat

By the way are you interested to publish a collection of about 5 games on a cd rom. So I get then paid the royalties for each sold cd rom. And not on pro rata base.

What is your experience with publishing collections. In how many units are those mostly sold. Do you have a minimum units a collection must sold to break even. Same question for cd rom games.

The name of a game must be unique, do you do (or another company)that investigation in the registers. And do I not have to pay for it.

Thanks for in advance for reply.

I didn''t see any reply Sir CEO?

I am looking forward to it!
You cant expect them to publish your game in 3 months and then start giving you money. You''d probably be lucky to start getting small amounts of money three months after the release of the game in the shops.

Dont think that the second you give them a game they can put it into the shops, its a lengthy process that takes time and money.
And if they don''t sell the game after 6 months? But after 12 months?
Need I have to wait 12 months then, come on that is ridicilous.
A dog is a cat in that case.
Sorry Richy, but I haven''t had time to write a reply sooner.

We have a 3 months cancel clause for developers. We usually work within 2 months of signing the contract. Depends on the season and how soon we can show it to the buyers of the retail chains. Within 2 months we''re ready to roll and we''ll pay you the first royalties.

Most big publisher have you wait 6-9 months for money. Quite annoying, I know, but then again I guess they''ve got much more developers to pay

5 games from the same author is still pro rata my friend You''d simply get all 5 portions... But to answer your question: yes, we''re always interested in something like that.

Take care,

Alex
Thanks for your reply Sir.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement