Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DX8 Release Date?

This topic is 6386 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When will dx 8 be released to the general public When is the earliest possible time we can get ahold on the new interfaces and stuff so i can update my engine

Hmm, and Ill bet the download has increased exponentially like always. How much do you think this version will be? Its over 120MBs as of 7, it may be 200MBs for 8.

-----------------------------

A wise man once said "A person with half a clue is more dangerous than a person with or without one."

quote:
Original post by WitchLord

As I''m born an optimist I''m thinking that DX8 will be released in September/October. Isn''t it around that time that the other versions has been released?

- WitchLord

Actually, I''m praying for the opposite. You see, I have lots of nifty features implemented and lots of code. If DX8 comes out, I have to go back and convert it all to DX8....I''m sure it''s not gonna be a friendly task also.

------------------------
Captured Reality.

Hi all!

I believe DirectX8 will be released on September.14th (or before)
since Windows ME will be available in retail at this date and that DX8 is included in WinME.

Concerning the size of download, i think the DX8SDK should take approximately 130mb (as the beta1 take 120mb). And MS should
propose different packages to download.

BugKiller
www.bugkiller.net

i dont understand why everybody is so "cant wait" to see DX8.
i think its gonna be sucks, MS doing all for ya , you will have a built in partical engine , built in font engine etc... , what more?
dont u need to code something?
how can u learn things from all that?
and when u will want to code your own graphics classes , will u know how to do it?

so think about it.

Posted By Xeno.
Kobe Bryant - "Just believe in yourself"

Visit my web site : VSoft

"I don''t want to download the samples"

If people actually downloaded the samples and **READ** them, there wouldn''t be so many newbie questions like "how do I initialize DirectX?"

When DX8 is released, instead of downloading, just order it on CD from Microsoft. It's only about ten dollars (us) and then you don't need to keep a 120 MB zip on your hard-drive.
Plus some of the samples are an excellent learning resource.

Edited by - simon_brown75 on June 20, 2000 7:34:54 PM