Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MASM to inline C++ _asm code - please help

This topic is 6356 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have some MASM code I need to convert to inline _asm code - Does MASM provide intermediate ASM code with all macros expanded, like C++ gives you the ASM it produces? I could just use MASM and cut and paste then. Help, ~BenDilts( void );

Although, it does stand to reason that Microsoft''s C++ compiler would use Microsofts assembler for inline assembly... Even if MASM isn''t included as a stand along program with VC++, I think it still uses it to assemble the inline assembly. I think I read that somewhere once.

That''s easy : you just need to buy MSVC...
(just kidding! )

Download this:
Visual C++ Processor Pack.
If you have no VC sp4 - you''ll get a funny message box:
"ERROR: Unable to enable the Visual C++ 6.0 Processor Pack installation".
At this moment you need to grab installator''s temporary directory (something like ..\temp\Ixp000.tmp).
Now you have MASM6.15!

quote:
Original post by Qoy
Although, it does stand to reason that Microsoft''s C++ compiler would use Microsofts assembler for inline assembly... Even if MASM isn''t included as a stand along program with VC++, I think it still uses it to assemble the inline assembly. I think I read that somewhere once.

That was loooong time ago. (at least before VC4)