opengl

Started by
9 comments, last by Bumba 23 years, 10 months ago
hi everyone i am switching my game over to opengl because i hope it will be easier to do inventroy!!?!?!?! but when i send opengl point to screen it gets rotated and it should not be this way for inventory!?!?!?!?!? can anyone help i want to draw opengl graphic not rotated!!!?!?!?
Advertisement
Is there a call to glRotatef somewhere in your program? Either take it out or use glPushMatrix and glPopMatrix to only rotate certain things. How about some code?

JoeMont001@aol.com
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
I think all posts with more than one exclamation point or questionmark per sentence should be automatically deleted.
Stop insulting our intelligence.

Give me one more medicated peaceful moment..
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
MadKeithV: Now that wasn''t very constructive, was it?

MK42
Bumba,

I think you need to visit NeHe''s page before you go all out here. First you need to learn the basics. Then you can create your inventory system and your eye candy and stuff.

Go here for NeHe''s site :
nehe.gamedev.net

There you will learn the basics + some fairly advanced stuff. After completing the tutorials, I don''t see how anyone couldn''t make something nice.

Justin Eslinger
blackscar@ticz.com
http://members.xoom.com/Blackscar/
~-=-=-=-=-=-=~~Justin Eslinger~~.."BlackScar"..~~-=-=-=-=-=-=~
quote:Original post by MK42

MadKeithV: Now that wasn''t very constructive, was it?

MK42

Neither was posting a question with 25 million exclamation points and question marks. I try hard to answer most reasonable questions. I guess some people have to learn to ASK reasonable questions.
Had this question been posted like any normal person would, with a single questionmark per sentence, I would have answered.
I think that''s a reasonable tradeoff.

If it''s not worth your time to write in a sensible manner, it''s not worth my time to look up the answer.

~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
MadKeithV:

I know that you try hard to help a lot of people here. I''ve seen some of your answers and I know that you know your stuff. Actually, I was quite ''shocked'' by your answer, so that''s why I replied.

I''m pretty new to this board (I don''t even know how to quote ), but I think that you just shouldn''t have posted an answer like this (IMO it was pretty rude). Some people have questions which are ''urgent'' ... or they can''t get this ''one-thing'' working and it frustrates them like hell. So, they have to express themselves somehow. Just ignore postings that you don''t want to answer, instead of trying to put people down.

I don''t want to pick a fight over this or anything, but I believe that you''ve overreacted a bit (hey, just a couple of ''?''s and ''!''s).

MK42
uhhh.. isn''t that the guy who was asking us where to get the "directx inventory plugin" from diablo and going off on the people who tried to explain that he was going to have to code that lil tidbit himself?

--
Float like a butterfly, bite like a crocodile.

--Float like a butterfly, bite like a crocodile.
goltrpoat:

I wasn''t aware of previous ''issues'' ... if this caused MadKeithV to respond like that, then I can understand (Sorry Keith).

MK42
It''s alright, yep, I think it''s the Diablo Inventory Plugin guy again.

It''s been a rough week, and Virtual Sym(id)iote''s posts today have pushed me over the limit. That guy needs to be banned, ASAP, or at least bollocked severely by the rest of the staff.

I apologise for it causing me to have a shorter fuse than usual with respect to less well-written posts.

~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement