X files and Immediate Mode..........

Started by
5 comments, last by Raptor 23 years, 10 months ago
We exported a mesh with hierarchical links using the plugin from www.effectware.com. The linked objects move out of place or the pivots move outta place.is there any method to change the pivot in the X file? Also, the object gets rotated around the X axis by -90degs,how do i correct this. I have used the foll plugs and all of them suck - PolyTrans - does not export links Effectware Plug - Pitches the obj by -90degs and screws up obj''s positions 3D Exploration - Same problem as above. 3Dto3D - All the above problems!! Conv3ds - Dont ASK!! are there any other plugs??or is it the fault of the IM sample in the D3D SDK? Thnks a lot for ur patience! The only way around it is Through it!!
Advertisement
Hey Raptor,

I dunno if you can do this with DX, but im sure it''s posible in a 3D Engine using Software, i''ve done it !!

First, i must say that any 3d object its define by its on coord.,
Every ''NULL'' that u used in 3D Studio, is a (0,0,0) of something.

So if you wanna change the position of a object versus its pivot,
The only thing You need to do, is to displace each vertex by a Vector of displaceent. (Dont move your object in the world, move your vertex within you object space)

Happy Coding,

LowRad
I dont actually create the NULL objects, but they are created by 3DSMAX3.0 when i export to the 3DS Format. is there a bug with 3DSMAX3.0 - the 3DS export plugin. can i move the pivot of the frame around the object space.

is this how i move the vertices??(i''m using the XFile IM sample in the DxSDK v7.0)

vertices = Object->GetMeshVertices;
for(loop)
{
vertices.y+=value;
}

by doing this will the pivot be as before??

thnx a lot!

The only way around it is Through it!!
look at the tutorial at www.mr-gamemaker.com for loading x files the way they do it you wont get the pivot problem

Im Always Bored--Bordem ICQ: 76947930
regarding the -90 degree rotation around x, i think you''re stuck with it, because it has to do with how each program considers the "up" axis. some programs consider z to be the up axis, while others consider y to be the up axis. i know that in 3d exploration, you have the choice to transform the vertices before you save. at the save screen, at the bottom, there is a transform option, and you can rotate the objects by 90 deg before saving.

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
About X files, do most 3d apps make x files?
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
no, but converters are easily found.

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement