Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arjan

Alternative execv(...

I have a CP\M-emulator (22NICE) to use some old CP\M-programs, offcourse. It uses a little program that enables you to start your CP\M-programs like normal DOS-programs. I want to be able to drag&drop files on it, but that isn''t possible, because CP\M doesn''t support directory''s. I created a little program to convert the complete path to just the filename and then start the CP\M program with execv(... but this way it doesn''t work because apparently 22NICE couldn''t be loaded resident. To make a long story short, I need some other way to do this, like a program that enters a command on the DOS-prompt by itself. One problem: I don''t know how to do that. Any ideas? (btw I''m using DJGPP) -my 2 cents-

Isn''t there ANYONE who knows a solution?

Arjan

-------------------------
-Programmers don't byte, they nibble a bit.
Unknown Person
-------------------------

I''m not sure if I completely follow what you''re trying to do. But, if you just need a way to have one program run another as though it was just you typing on the command line, you could try using system(). It''s in the stdlib. Of course, you''ll have to truncate the command line args all into one string. But that shouldn''t be TOO hard.

I hope that helps you out a little.