could you check my demo???

Started by
51 comments, last by Bruno 23 years, 9 months ago
Hi guys Could you see my demo, and give me some feedback? I would like to know it the speed is ok in your machines... the link is www.geocities.com\brunomtc\malafaia.zip thanks Bruno
Advertisement
Cool demo, especially if you just made it from the NeHe tutorials. maybe you can get him to post it on his sight for you. The speed is just fine on my machine (AMD K6-2 366 MHz, Intel i740 graphics card). I''d like to see what happens next with your project............
rad demo!

you got all of THAT from the NEHE demos? i'd better go over them again. do they go over character animation and character mapping like on that guy in your demo? i think that was really good. keep it up. i wanna play it once it's done.

cool music, too.

a2k

oh yeah, 30 fps on my bro's computer. P2, i dunno the clock speed, but it's over 400, and under 800. some weird graphics card, starfighter or something.

Edited by - a2k on June 19, 2000 11:32:13 PM
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
Boy am I impressed. I couldn''t get it to run too fast though. It was like 3 fps on my dads comp. He''s got no OGL support that''s why. My computer hates OpenGL and I don''t like GLSetup drivers....but it looks good.

------------------------
Captured Reality
WOW!! That''s very cool. I really like the music too!
Well I''m running a PIII 533b w/ 128Mb of ram and a Voodoo3 3000 graphics card. Runs at about 61fps w AGP OFF. I''m sure it would run at 120fps if I turned it on, but I can''t seem to get agp working with multimonitor support? Odd huh? Well anyhow, it''s quite nice, I''m sure your aware but you asked for feedback so:
There''s a small physics problem, when you start in that demo level and turn around 180º there''s some sort of sloped stuff, you can walk right into it and get stuck, so not sure how your handling collision there.
Very nice, keep up the good work!!
See ya,
Ben
__________________________Mencken's Law:"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it's always wrong."
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science in 1949
To be blunt... HOLY FREAKIN' POPSICLE STICKS!

I am very impressed. Sure, there aren't a lot of polys but still. Very nice indeed!

And I get 150fps consistantly on my PIII-450 128MB w/Viper770
(Just rebuilt it too, so that might have something to do with it)

Edited by - BigBlueMonkey on June 20, 2000 1:58:22 AM
Very good. Good mipmapping filter. Nice graphic. Good speed. Not perfect control. How do you load that monster in OpenGL?

Gandalf the White

Gandalf the Black
Yes, that''s something I would like to know too. How DID you load that guy?
Thanks guys...
Nice to hear positive opinions )
The NeHe tutorials made me start, they are excellent, and they are where i made my first steps in Opengl..., with them and with help from this forum , i made about 60% of the demo
The quake2 model source i found it at : http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/
There is also a Half-Life model loader, and it''s freeware..
I had to make some changes to the original code ofcourse, expecially in the textures loading, but it''s not that hard.
The music, i found it at the power render package, it has lots of sm3 musics, so i really don''t know who made it.
The next step i will try to do, is a better map editor, in my map editor now, i''m only using X/Z coordinates as everyone probably noticed, so i''m going to try to implement the y coordinate too...
Nice to hear from you guys
thanks
Bruno
thanx for the links to the character loading. i bet everyone here much appreciates it. good shit. keep it up. yeah, the collision detection just makes the player stick to the wall when hitting, but i''m sure you know this already, and are on it as i type.

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement