PR C++ example

Started by
7 comments, last by voodoo 23 years, 10 months ago
OK here is a little example I created to wrap PR within classes. The example inits PR creates a cam and displays an object. The object beeing loaded is not wrapped up yet... for now I have the clear back ground color to blue so we can c the object since no light have been implemented yet... There is also no keyboard input so you will have to alt tab to quit... Also alot of the calsses implemented are not even close to complete and if you have sujestions please let me know Maybe we can put all together and make it work! The example uises teh latest 3.07 libs, I havent looked into 3.08 yet Completed... Base of PR - Initialzations - Display Modes - View Ports - Colors - Rendering Pipeline Cameras - Creation - Positioning TODO: - Lights - Objects - Terrain and alot more... Download Extended PR here: http://home.quixnet.net/~mangel/epr.zip Edited by - voodoo on 6/19/00 9:36:11 PM Edited by - voodoo on 6/19/00 9:38:33 PM Edited by - voodoo on 6/19/00 9:41:57 PM
Hardcore Until The End.
Advertisement
What part are you working on now? I would be willing to look at doing the terrain wrapper. No promises, I have suddenly become quite busy.

"Check out my lack of progress on the Ge Game engine at GeGames.com"
You guys create a whole thread complaining about C++ and how you you can''t do it! Then I post an example to help you guys and all I get is one responce! BAH!

heheheheheheheheh jsut kidding!

Anyways, who ever wants it can take a look.
Hardcore Until The End.
thats cause i got whirlwind and azrael busting ass to get the demo out for our interested contributors.
voodoo,

Thanks for the sample. It''s amazing how small the main.cpp file is. I''d be willing to help to create a complete wrapper.

-daywalker
Yeah voodoo thanks is cool to see that someone is actually doing something about this problems instead of just complaining ...
Count me on working on this intemnse task..
however Im extremely busy at the time, (and I really mean that ) but I think I can sent you some code from time to time...
Obviously the main.cpp is small cause there nothing in there yet.

The cool thing about wrapping up stuff is not to have all those extra lines of code in there. Also a logical step is within the main function is to create like a state. so you can track difirente state of the game ex: laoding, menus etc... and cal the right sub routines in which you will do your logic for each state within there

way more cleaner, i will try to finish more of the bassic stuff like lighting and cameras etc.. on the weekend so then we can focus on terrain and char
Hardcore Until The End.
I''ve started wrapping particles and emitters. I should be able to finish that by the weekend. I''ll keep everyone posted.

voodoo, I know main.cpp does nothing, I meant clean more than small

daywalker
That''s weird, I''m a huge C++ geek, I''m wrapping PR myself, and I never read this thread

As of right now I wrapped Camera, View and PR Initialization. Works pretty good, damn it, and main.cpp looks extremely clean. The only thing, my wrappers are specific to my engine (for example I always clear background to black every time I call NewFrame).

I am looking forward to the terrain wrapper. I am trying to wrap it myself, as of right now no luck. In order to do that, I would suggest to wrap material first, and make terrain allocate materials itself, that would ease a lot of pain.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement