Starting Out...

Started by
4 comments, last by Omnesolis 23 years, 10 months ago
OK. I''ve been fooling around with MSVC++ for a little bit...all the books and stuff that I can read on the language seems to only cover programming in DOS, with text, no graphics.. I really, really want to make a pong game...Any suggestions as to how I should go about that?
Advertisement
Take a look in the programming section of Gamedev.net. They have a bunch of stuff on using DirectX to put graphics up on the screen in Windows. You could also search the net for some tutorials, etc. I believe the best way to go is to get a book on DirectX or OpenGL. Someone else will have to give you some of the names of good books since I haven''t looked at any in a while (My last DirectX book was for DX 3!). Hope this helps. I assume you know how to program in C++ already. Cheers!
Just a follow up:

Look under the DirectX/OpenGL messages boards and you''ll see a post all about good programming books with lots of responses. Cheers!
Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Guru''s by Andre Lamoth

"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
themGames Productions

At the advice of another friend, I''m purchasing that book right now! Thanks everyone
Hey, I''ve heard that The second edition of the aforementioned book would be coming out this summer. But that''s on 3D though you still might want to get it

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement