Grr...Easy problem I can't fix

Started by
10 comments, last by Omnesolis 23 years, 10 months ago
Hmm...I think I know what you''re talking about. I''ll see what I can do with it, and I''m sure I''ll have some questions along the way.
Advertisement
If you get really stuck I can send you my first project. A utility to scan text files and find some text names that relate to files them copy them to a directory.

It uses heaps of cool little tricks that a fairly important to learn. It''s best however to learn about everything however rather than just the easiest things...my theory is, there''s generally a reason for the hard way and it often relates to making games

Of course I''d write that utility differently today but without going through that learning process I wouldn''t have understood when to do it the easy way and when to do it the hard way.

String are a good example, some people will suggest that basic_string is the way to go to make life easy. In the end for me it made life harder and I wan''t learning about C++ but rather other people classes.

The most important thing I''ve learn''t was that memory was there for the editing.... If your feeling lucky have a play with memcpy, playing with this is when i had one of those breakthrough''s where it all started making sence....

gimp
Chris Brodie

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement