Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whirlwind

Fragmentation and Deformation of PR Entities/Objects

I cruise a few forums, and one of them is CDMag''s. I have noticed that they started a topic on FPS, a game in development that will allow damage to anything on the map. You can smash furniture, shatter trees, and rip a part steel walls. The level of detail will allow for individual rivets to pop on steel walls. How would one go about implementing this with PR objects? The terrain is nice enough to be already deformable. "Check out my lack of progress on the Ge Game engine at GeGames.com"

You''d basically just deform the vertices in the object structure. It''s not too difficult.

If you wanted to smash and break something you''d probibly want to just release that object and either load or build in memory shattered object pieces and fling them.

To rip apart a steel wall you could probibly do it without adding any more to the object but it would take some teaking. Or you could just move some of the verts add some new faces to the object structure in real time.

Adding something to the object would be the easiest, just take that object and tack it on as new segments once it is in place.

Just keep in mind that if you go deforming and object you''d best not T&L it because you''d have to reconvert it to d3d structure and that''s not the fastest thing in the world.

Gary