• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

creating a 3D sphere

This topic is 6457 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all!. ok , my story is like that: im trying to build a function that will create 3D sphere vertices. its looks like that: void Objects::CreateHalf3DSphere(D3DVERTEX *D3DSphereVrtx,D3DVECTOR SphereOrigin,float Radius,int Segments,int Levels,bool Up) { D3DVECTOR SVertex; D3DVECTOR n; float phi; float theta; for(theta = -90; theta < 91; theta += 10) { for(phi = 0; phi < 361; phi += 72) { SVertex = D3DVECTOR(cos(phi) * sin(theta), sin(phi), cos(phi) * cos(theta)) * Radius; n = Normalize(SVertex - SphereOrigin); *D3DSphereVrtx++ = D3DVERTEX(SVertex , n ,0.0f,0.0f); } } } now , when i rendering it with POINTLIST its looks like that:

as you can see (its hard to see it ) some points is stafe right , and some to left , and there is places without points at all. somebody know why and what is the problem? thamks a lot! Posted By Xeno. Kobe Bryant - "Just believe in yourself" Visit my web site : VSoft

Advertisement
You''ve got the right idea, but you need to use radians, not degrees for the angles.
Replace -90 with -PI/2, 90 with PI/2, and 360 with 2*PI. To make things easy use <= rather than < in the "for" statements.

ohhhhhhhhh!!!!
i was so angry about that so i didnt even noticed it
thanks a lot
its seems to work fine now

Posted By Xeno.
Kobe Bryant - "Just believe in yourself"

Visit my web site : VSoft

• Advertisement