Compiling the sdk samples

Started by
5 comments, last by tucek 23 years, 10 months ago
sorry, but how can i compile the samples, which are delivered with the dx7 sdk? I'm getting errors all the time... please help me. tucek I'm using VC++ 6.0, and there are more than 100 errors ... Edited by - tucek on 6/21/00 2:46:33 AM
Advertisement
You will have to be more specific for anyone to help you. What compiler are you using? Whats error messages are you getting?
If your getting tons of errors (100 or more) you''re probably forgetting to include the required libraries with the examples. You need (ddraw, d3d and dxguid usually). Hope this helps!
You most likely did not include the libraries and/or did not set the correct path to the header files. Microsoft has set-by-step directions on their website for both Borland and VC users, so check that I''m sure it will help.

-B4
If you''re using VC++, be sure that the DirectX7 SDK include/lib paths are _before_ the standard include/lib path (in options/directories).

ArgoN
i am having the same problem, but i''ve looked at various tut''s and the sdk and all i get is a few hundred more errors
Thanks to ALL!

specially to ArgoN!

that was what i needed to to!

(Yeah, there where more than 100 errors...)

But now there is another problem ->
i''m tried to compile bend.mdp (I''m using VC++ 6.0)
I got 13 errors:

unresolved external Symbol _IID_IDirect3DTnLHalDevice

I inluced all needed includefiles, and linked
ddraw.lib winmm.lib dxguid.lib ..\..\lib\d3dframe.lib

what can be the problem this time!

quote:Original post by ArgoN

If you''re using VC++, be sure that the DirectX7 SDK include/lib paths are _before_ the standard include/lib path (in options/directories).

ArgoN

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement