• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SGreth

OpenGL OpenGL not init'ing on a voodoo

This topic is 6721 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Anybody had problems with their opengl code (notebly wglMakeCurrent) totally bombing when running on a voodoo? I''m just wonding if there is any special initialization that I need to do....my code ran fine on my TNT =( Thanks a ton, ~Rob

Advertisement
Try switching the resolution to 16 bit.. old voodoo cannot do more 16 bit..

If that doesn''t help, I don''t know..

Hello mr. SGreth !

Try to download the correct 3dfx driver and rename it to openGL32.dll. Put the dll in the same folder as your program. Then avoid all calls to glut.

I have just manage to do this ones. I can´t promise it will work.

Gandalf the White

Hi. There is two ways to run opengl uner voodoo:
1. Download 3dfxopengl.dll ( opengl32.dll from voodoo beta driver ) and place it in derictory where is your executable, don''t forget to rename it to opengl32.dll, then wglMakeCurrent will work fine!
2. www.glsetup.com (org) there is source codes specially for 3part cards, that do not support ICD OpenGL drivers as voodoo1,2

cryp@inet.lv

Are you running a voodoo3?

I noticed my Voodoo3 always crashes the computer in OpenGL if I''m trying to use a debug build, although it works fine on the Release build :/.

Cool, thanks for the pointers guys. I think I might have narrowed it down a bit. I''m actually coding on a Voodoo5 but I''m writing a wrapper, and I had the glide3x.lib file linked, not sure if some glide stuff got automatically init''d but when I stripped my glide code out things were back to normal. Guess I need to dynamically link to the .dll at run time instead of build time =P Thanks for all your help,
~Rob

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!