• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrimJester

Remember the Good Old Days

This topic is 6543 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I designed a game called The Good Life which was meant to emulate the same kind of simple and fun games that the Commodore 64 used to crank out. The result is a three part game with better graphics, sound and gameplay than many of the golden oldies. Visit my games page to try it out, and don''t forget to send me an e-mail with an opinionated attachment! http://www.yooniverse.net/grimstuff Thanks, Chris Donovan

Advertisement
You can''t beat the 2d classics that used to consume at least 6 hours a night of my time as i was growing up.

Hey lets forget 3D lets birth a 2d revival!!

~Patch

Patch,

I know what you mean. Most of the games that came out at that time were pretty original because they had nothing to copy from. As technology became better, they started remaking old concepts with "bells and whistles". I think that 2D games are finally going through a rebirth (Diablo, Warcraft, AOL), but 3D games are still just facinated with the technology. They need to work on more of the game aspect instead of just showing off the latest, hot 3d game engine.

Then again, I loved Half-Life.

The day that they bring out a 3D game thats has that magical element of a 2D game will be the day that the gaming world will never forget.

Oh yeh half-life is excellent!!

~Patch

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!