• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Havana Smurf

Model to world to screen coords ?

This topic is 6547 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well i think i may have had a revelation while lying in bed last nite regarding maps and world coords. So this is what i came up with. My world terrain map is described by triangles, and is 100 * 100 units. Each triangle should be described like this struct Triangle{ D3DVERTEX vertices[2]; // local coords int x, y // world coords } so when i go to the render my map i transform everything to world coords using world matrice transformation (no rotation so the it will just be the translation matrix rite ?) then camera and projection. is this rite ? also a question about the viewport and setviewport. i used d3dx to initialise i have set up a camera, world and projection matrices. is a viewport already defined for me by d3dx or do i have i to create one ?

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!