• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZomCoder

template code?

This topic is 6630 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is it more common to use template code or is it more common to remember all of the initialization required for DirectX? It seems to me that it would be a waste of time to learn the initialization sequence. Like, if I was hired into a game company it seems to me that they would also have a dx wrapper that everyone uses. Knowing the actually useful functions seems to me a good idea, but learning all that initilation crap seems useless (unless you want to change it for some reason) -Zom

Advertisement
Personally, I use template code, or cut and paste from an older project. I suspect that is the way that it is done for the most part. Every time I write a program however, I seem to remember more and more of it.

~~Chris

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!