What's wrong with this code?

Started by
1 comment, last by VECTOR 23 years, 10 months ago
ok, the problem here is that it loads tstfile.txt which holds ''data/hull.bmp'' in it. This filename is loaded into pText which passes it to AUX_RGBBMP load function. The BMPloader will not load it. Unless I put in direct quotes: pText="data/hull.bmp" it will load. *ps This code was a pain to format and get into this message box- how do you people do it in an easier way? int LoadGLTextures() // Load Bitmaps And Convert To Textures { int Status=FALSE; // Status Indicator char *pText; char text[256]; FILE *fp; fpos_t pos; if ((fp=fopen("data/tstfile.txt","r"))!=NULL) { fgets(text,256,fp); fgetpos(fp,&pos); //pText = strstr(text,"Shawn"); pText = strstr(text,"d"); pText = strtok(pText,"\""); } fclose(fp); // "data/tstfile.txt" holds this: // data/hull.bmp // it loads it into pText // so I get a messagebox to tell me what''s in // pText, and it tells me this: // data/hull.bmp, so I know pText // holds ''data/hull.bmp'' with no quotes. // but auxDIBLoadBMP function will not load that, // however if I give it the filename // directly in quotes it will load. AUX_RGBImageRec *TextureImage[1]; // Create Storage // Space For The // Texture memset(TextureImage,0,sizeof(void *)*1); // Set The // Pointer To NULL // Load The Bitmap, Check For Errors, If Bitmap''s Not // Found Quit // if (TextureImage[0]=LoadBMP("data/hull.bmp")) // This works // pText="data/hull.bmp"; this works also if (TextureImage[0]=LoadBMP(pText)) { Status=TRUE; // Set // The Status To TRUE glGenTextures(3, &texture[0]); // glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture[0]); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,GL_NEAREST); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_NEAREST); glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, 3, TextureImage[0]->sizeX, TextureImage[0]->sizeY, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, TextureImage[0]->data); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture[1]); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,GL_LINEAR); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_LINEAR); glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, 3, TextureImage[0]->sizeX, TextureImage[0]->sizeY, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, TextureImage[0]->data); } AUX_RGBImageRec *LoadBMP(char *Filename) // Loads A Bitmap Image { FILE *File=NULL; // File Handle if (!Filename) // Make Sure A Filename Was Given { return NULL; // If Not Return NULL } File=fopen(Filename,"r"); // Check To See If The File Exists if (File) // Does The File Exist? { fclose(File); // Close The Handle return auxDIBImageLoad(Filename); // Load The Bitmap And Return A Pointer } return NULL; // If Load Failed Return NULL }
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his . . -General MacArthur
Advertisement
I really tried to debug it ( created workspace in msvc6, copy paste, cut, add )

its realy pain in the A$$ to debug that, so i wrote a substitute to at least have something to offer =)

text.txt contained data\file.bmp...its complied and works.
(just call getline again if there are more lines in the file, it reads 512 chars or to next new line)
the / at ios:: is binary or

#include "stdafx.h"#include "stdio.h"#include "gl\gl.h"#include "gl\glaux.h"#include "fstream.h"int APIENTRY WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,                     HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,                     LPSTR     lpCmdLine,                     int       nCmdShow){	fstream file;	file.open( ".\\data\\text.txt", ios::in/ios::nocreate );	if( !file )	{		MessageBox( NULL, "no file", "INFO", NULL );		return 0;	}		char scanline[512];	file.getline( scanline, 512 );	MessageBox( NULL, scanline, "INFO", NULL );	AUX_RGBImageRec *TextureImage = NULL; // Create Storage 	TextureImage = auxDIBImageLoad(scanline); // Load The Bitmap And Return A Pointer	if( !TextureImage )	{		MessageBox( NULL, "Failed to load bmp", "INFO", NULL );		return 0;	}	MessageBox( NULL, "Loaded succesfully", "INFO", NULL );	return 1;}            

Edited by - Claus Hansen Ries on June 21, 2000 2:17:15 PM
Ries
thanks. That simplified it alot!
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his . . -General MacArthur

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement