• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BillyBoo

problems compiling lesson 6. hmmm

This topic is 6547 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

whenever I try to compile nehe''s lesson 6 (the textured cube example I seem to get linker errors...) very weird Considering all the correct libraries are included in my project as well as all the header files are in there proper directories I get errors like this..... Linking... Lesson6.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glBindTexture@8 Lesson6.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glGenTextures@8 if anyone can figure out what''s wrong...let me know thanks, Bill WWash46508@aol.com

Advertisement
if you''re using w2k, you can set your path via controlpanel/system/advanced/environmentvariables -not through autoexec.nt

-that got me mixed up for a while..

for the glaux-lib, you can forget it as it''s obsolete and unsupported, use glut instead.. the texture-loading code is quite easy to implement, just go through one or two corresponding tuts and it''ll come to you..

I found blaine hodge''s texture-tut most helpful in this sense.. (it''s quite simple..)

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Code/1219/gltexture.html

.jonn

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!