problems compiling lesson 6. hmmm

Started by
2 comments, last by BillyBoo 23 years, 10 months ago
whenever I try to compile nehe''s lesson 6 (the textured cube example I seem to get linker errors...) very weird Considering all the correct libraries are included in my project as well as all the header files are in there proper directories I get errors like this..... Linking... Lesson6.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glBindTexture@8 Lesson6.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glGenTextures@8 if anyone can figure out what''s wrong...let me know thanks, Bill WWash46508@aol.com
Advertisement
Try linking the library files.

JoeMont001@aol.com
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
That''s right

You have to link opengl32.lib, glu32.lib and glaux.lib
if you''re using w2k, you can set your path via controlpanel/system/advanced/environmentvariables -not through autoexec.nt

-that got me mixed up for a while..

for the glaux-lib, you can forget it as it''s obsolete and unsupported, use glut instead.. the texture-loading code is quite easy to implement, just go through one or two corresponding tuts and it''ll come to you..

I found blaine hodge''s texture-tut most helpful in this sense.. (it''s quite simple..)

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Code/1219/gltexture.html

.jonn

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement