• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whirlwind

lstudio: wsavemap vs SaveLevelInfo

This topic is 6632 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I can''t quite acertain what the difference between the two functios is. One seems to simply dump the data to the ''Terrain.lvl'' file (SaveLevelInfo) and the other I am not sure about. I looks like it just writes sprites out to a map1.wmp file. If I am saving entities out to a file, do I need to just update terrain.lvl, map1.wmp or both? If I am loading entities from a terrain.lvl, do I need to tie in map1.wmp? Is the entity location in world coordinates in regards to how lstudio treats them?

Advertisement
The WMP files are map files, and just store the texture mapping info for the terrain. All the sprite data is Stored in the LVL file.

So to answer your questions, you don''t need to bother with the wmp file, when saving or loading entities, and yes to your last question.

Cheers
Darrin

Thanks, and that was quick. It was actually confusing me a bit. There is only one terrain.lvl file for all 3 levels? I guess that makes sense since the y value can be anything... irrigardless whether it collides with the terrain.

Edited by - Whirlwind on June 21, 2000 9:07:01 PM

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!