Same old problem as last time.

Started by
8 comments, last by GEo 23 years, 10 months ago
I stuck a post here maybe a week ago asking for the formula for converting YUV to RGB and vise-versa. I got those formula, but when I finally got around to trying to use them, I realised they''re gonna give me wierd values (big values and negative values). This kind of suggests to me that I''m missing an important bit of info about implementing these forumla, if anyone has any idea what I need to know give me a shout, ta. Also: I''m trying to get MS VC++ (5) to use different headers and libraries for DirectX (I want to use those with the dx7SDK) and it keeps giving me a linker error (unrecognised external, or something similar) with a _IID_IDirectDraw7. I''ve done everything in accordance with the SDK docs, any ideas what I''m doing wrong (probably something stupid, and I''m sure this question comes up every other week). Cheers for any helpful posts. George. "Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"
George. F"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"
Advertisement
I''m suprised no-one can help me with this, I would really like to get it working, so any useful posts would be very appretiated.

George.

"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"

George. F"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"
Sorry, I've got no idea about the color model conversion stuff.

I had a similar problem to your's with VC6, and all the books I read said I should read the compiler manuals (which I had left at my parent house :-<). Apparently, I needed to put the DirectX SDK '\lib' and '\include' directories before the VC6 ones in the search path for the linker.

As I didn't know how to do this, I just overwrote the files in the VC6 directories with those from the DirectX SDK directories - and voila!

Of course, I would never recommend such a ham-fisted solution. But it worked for me. Maybe this bad advice will incite someone to post a better solution?

Almost forgot - I also had to include 'dxguid.lib' in the project resources which I forgot about first time round. Before adding this, I was getting 'unresolved external symbol' errors on the DirectDraw4 GUID.

Edited by - Osc on June 22, 2000 8:17:34 AM
I set the directories up right, and I don''t really want to overwrite the old files. I didn''t try that dxguid thing, maybe thats it.

George.

"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"

i know this is post un-related, but i love your signature GEo, that is a great quote...

david
--david@neonstar.netneonstar entertainment
Cheers neonstar, it''s a quote from stand up comedy guy I saw on the BBC.

That dxguid thing worked, and I can now use DX7, but I''m still having hastle with that formula, someone must know.

George.

osc to include new libs/includes goto tools/options/directories then add the directory, drag the ones to the top of the list that you need in case there are duplicate named files itll use the ones on the top of the list

After All Im Bored
--Bordem

Im Always Bored--Bordem ICQ: 76947930
i]Original post by GEo
That dxguid thing worked, and I can now use DX7, but I''m still having hastle with that formula, someone must know.

POST the formula, tell me what u r talking about
quote:Original post by GEo

I stuck a post here maybe a week ago asking for the formula for converting YUV to RGB and vise-versa. I got those formula, but when I finally got around to trying to use them, I realised they''re gonna give me wierd values (big values and negative values).

are you talking about these
http://www5.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/lehre/vorlesungen/graphik/info/csc/COL_.htm
or to be more precise about these
http://www5.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/lehre/vorlesungen/graphik/info/csc/COL_28.htm#topic27
That look''s about right (second URL)
I''ll take this doc home to read when I have time (I don''t just now unfortunately, last week in college = mad rush to finish stuff)

I''ve got the "conversion equations for linear signals" formula I think (it looks familiar).

I want to convert RGB values to YUV and vise-versa, where RGB and YUV values are bytes. My Math isn''t too hot I''m afraid (Gonna do a math course next year I think).

The URL''s you posted look v.useful, thanks Anon.

(Any further help would be useful, although those URLs look like they hold the info I require.)

In a mad rush,

George.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement