why OpenGL not improve

Started by
84 comments, last by uray 20 years, 8 months ago
quote:Original post
"ammo for anti-MS zealots."

Hold on fanboy, you''re talking badly about the defenders of the free world here!

"Every company is into money. "Being into money" isn''t a MS-only thing."

There are differences between M$ other companies. It''s not just the fact that they are disgustingly beyond wealthy but the evil way they carry themselves and do "business" with other companies is just not cool. Back when we cared about our country we would''ve boycotted a company like this, who patronizes it''s own customers and stifles competition. We WERE supposed to have laws against monopolies but they seem to have bought the right to play monopoly .
Any way you look at it, there''s something to be said about a company who holds more money than our government.

"similar stuff could happen with OGL, it''s just that they have released so few versions."

You don''t use opengl, you''re talking out your ass. There is no "versions" per-se, just extentions. Opengl developers don''t need to download a 90MB installation each time something new comes out, it''s just a driver download.

"MS just does a lot of bad things not because it''s good for the user or something"

Bull-shiz. They care nothing for their customers, only their cashflow and market domination.

Windows is about to die in case you don''t read the news. They are killing it with their new LongHorn release which will try to impose some anti-copy garbage "technology" and of course the usual array of M$-spyware and hidden users to keep track of every little thing you do. Prepare to start using MAC or Linux, everyone else will be..
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Mindless drivel...

Actually I'd love to reply to this. But this thread is about OGL so I won't. Besides it's from an AP.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.

[edited by - rohde on July 30, 2003 2:53:50 PM]
"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." -Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680). | My blog
quote:Hold on fanboy, you''re talking badly about the defenders of the free world here!

I dont think I''ve laughed so much in a long time. You AP really crack me up...

not that I''m picking sides, just that statement blows everything out of proportion... since when the hell has this been about defending the free world??

I hate to break it to you, but whatever huge company wants to be king for today, it really doesn''t have that big an impact on the existance of a free world

quote:LongHorn release which will try to impose some anti-copy garbage "technology"

i think you''ll find that this will only hurt you if you chose to use pirate software. Be a good boy and I''m sure it''ll leave you alone!

oh, and I''ll put money on it that several other companies would be more than happy (including your beloved ''nix / mac companies) for a harsher anti-piracy / whatever crackdown.

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

I agree you shouldn''t reply since you''re from Denmark and that isn''t U.S.A. What do you care if M$ screws up our country? Say something useful about OpenGL then if we need to stay ON TOPIC so hardcore
"i think you''ll find that this will only hurt you if you chose to use pirate software"
I think you would find, if you read anything about it, that it will actually impact ALL CURRENT SOFTWARE including YOURS. They somehow expect all developers and users to embrace this new and unproven software protocol.

I have to disagree on other platforms doing the same. They are all going to laugh while M$ dies an unexpected, painful death. Especially the Linux crowd. Excuse me but who is there to force THEM to adopt this new technology?
... and another initially interesting OGL vs. D3D thread degenerates into the usual flame.

Closed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement