I have surpassed the eight light limit!

Started by
2 comments, last by EvilShadow 20 years, 8 months ago
I have surpassed the eight light limit, at almost no cost. using one light, like so -> glPushMatrix(); light1.lightPosition(0.0f, 0.0f, -2.5f, 1.0f); light1.restorePosition(); glPopMatrix(); glPushMatrix(); light1.lightPosition(0.0f, -0.5f, -5.0f, 1.0f); light1.restorePosition(); glPopMatrix(); Of course, you have to take into account that this causes a "flicker" on the geometry. thanks to GamerSG for the idea. This can also lead to "dynamically" changing the values as you need to (i.e. changing values to the nearest eight lights needed). i''ve always but this is the first time ive ever posted and looking back i''ve noticed this issue has come up numerous times. -"watch out for the flying bullets!"
-"watch out for the flying bullets!"-"Its not the birds but the bees that I'm worried about"
Advertisement
btw, i think games like GTA3 use little texture billboard thingys for lights that aren''t being actually "lit" or enabled ...
-"watch out for the flying bullets!"-"Its not the birds but the bees that I'm worried about"
quote:Original post by EvilShadow
little texture billboard thingys

Very well stated

[edited by - tHiSiSbOb on July 25, 2003 9:28:27 PM]
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
Hey thanks for the credit.

Btw it was something i thought of but never tried out(Im sure many ppl b4 me must have thought of it).

I think u forgot to include the drawObject in between your code.
Shouldnt it be

Movelight();
DrawObject();

Movelight();
DrawObject();

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement