3D Studio Max is messed...

Started by
6 comments, last by DevLiquidKnight 20 years, 8 months ago
I have been using 3D Studio max for quite some time now and just recently I started having this very unusal bug its working 100% fine BUT. After a while of working & like if I move the camera in perspective mode into an object or have the camera inside anything ect It starts acting very strange like.. the demsions and how it looks is all off like the lines and stuff tend to like i dunno like strech and look out of porportions. Sometimes it looks like the shapes get stuck on the lens of the perspective view. Any ideas what could be causing this? Here is an example of what I mean you can see what I see on this page. http://www.geocities.com/zerglingunderground/3dsmaxproblem.jpg Look at perspective view notice how its all like strechy. I can't figure out why. it never did that before and now my xyz mover thingies have disspeared. so i cant see what axis im manipulating anyone know? [edited by - DevLiquidKnight on July 25, 2003 10:52:51 PM]
Advertisement
You''ve just set a very wide FOV for the perspective viewport. Just lower the FOV.

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
where how? 0.o its stretchy lol and my crosshair thingies with the like xyz they dont highlight and no longer are colors?
I have found that using the OpenGL drivers in a Windows environment can lead to this sort of thing. Try using the Heidi (software) drivers (in Max 5 this can be done via Customise>Preferences>Viewport then "Choose Driver...").

I beg you to use proper punctuation, capitalisation and grammar next time you post. It is difficult to read this stream-of-consiousness stuff and it makes people less inclined to help you.

Geocyte Has Committed Suicide.
Are there any updates for the software drivers? That could maybe fix my problem considering it happens when im using software drivers as well ?
Well, it''s not the drivers then. From the pic it looks like Sneftel got it right. Go to Customise>ViewportConfiguration>RenderingMethod

And change the Field of View to about 45.0.

If this doesn''t help post again.

Deleting 3dsmax.ini has been known to work in cases like this.
It deletes all other settings as well, so excercise care when using said procedure.
While we''re on the subject of Max madness, a recent MS security patch (KB823980 / MS03-026: Buffer Overrun in RPC Interface May Allow Code Execution) seems to cause Max to save files in a slightly modified format that Max on an unpatched machine cannot read. Max running on a patched machine can read files from patched or unpatched machines without problem.

As to *why* this happens, I can barely begin to speculate on what manner of hackery lies within Max...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement