• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

micro0815

DirectDraw errors!?

This topic is 6694 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there! Being new to DX programming I noticed two problems: 1. When my fullscreen application has exited, the window of application (Explorer or VStudio) with which I started my app is resized to the same size as the screen of my application. How I can I prevent this? 2. When releasing all DirectDraw objects I always get the following error from my DirectX7 debug: -> DDraw:ERROR:DD_Release: failed DestroyDDLocal I also get this error with some of the DirectX7 SDK sample apps. Who can help?

Advertisement
There is a simple way to fix problem one. Instead of maximizing the window, close all the other windows, and right click on the taskbar, and click ''Tile Horizontally'' or ''Tile Vertically''. The remaining open window will expand to fill the desktop like a maximized window but it will not be maximized, so when you quit your DDraw app it will still be the same size.

In your second problem I haven''t ever got that error before, so I can''t help you with it, I''m afraid.

------------------------------
#pragma twice

Guest Anonymous Poster
Make sure you release your DDraw objects in the reverse order that you created them.
I think that might be your problem.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!