particles and fog mutually exclusive? what a gyp!

Started by
3 comments, last by syn_apse 20 years, 8 months ago
i mean, seriously, is this impossible to do? can it be faked? any suggestions?
ill find me a soapbox where i can shout it
Advertisement
Your question is not very clear. But fog and particles are quite possible to do at the same time. I don''t know what application you are using, but if you list that I might be able to help.
maya unlimited 4.0

i was told, by the head of my university's computer art program no less, that you couldn't do fog and particles at the same time. something about them showing up on different layers, looking like one is just laying on top of the other. perhaps she was referring only to maya rendering, and not other applications like game engines? if so, this question is null and void.

[edited by - syn_apse on July 26, 2003 9:56:26 PM]
ill find me a soapbox where i can shout it
What is a "particle"? It is just like any other piece of geometry. If there''s any incompatibility with "particles" and fog it would have to be a specific problem with Maya.
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
As I have no personal experience with Maya, I can not with full confidence, refute your teacher. But from what I have learned, instructors and especially department heads and universities are good at teaching and adminstrating. The normally don't know very much.

If you were you, I would head over the forums at www.cgtalk.com and ask there. Not being able to do fog and particles at the same time just sounds utterly ridiculous to me, espcially in Maya.

If a little open source app like Blender and do both, then there is no reason why Maya can't.

[edited by - yspotua on July 27, 2003 5:26:13 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement