Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Telamon

Argh! DX9SDK Troubles with VS2003

Hey, Has anyone tried installing the new DX9.0b SDK on a machine with Visual Studio 2003 on it? I installed DX9.0a a couple weeks ago with Visual Studio .NET (2002) and it installed both DX AppWizards and, most importantly, the Managed DX9 help files. Then when I got VS2003, I uninstalled both VS2002 and the DX9 SDK, replacing it with VS2003 and the DX9.0b SDK. I can compile DX apps just fine, but I can''t get to the darn Managed DX9 help files - they just aren''t installed into the help system (nor are they anywhere on disk, that I can tell). Also, the DX AppWizards were not installed. So something screwy is going on. I''m on a modem at home, so I won''t be able to try downloading the DX9.0a SDK again to install until Monday, but I was hoping to get some work on my game done this weekend. Do you guys think it''s more likely a problem with the newer version of the SDK or with VS2003 (it''s the Enterprise Architect Edition, which I''m suspicious of...) I poked around in the files I downloaded with the DX9.0b SDK, and there are compiled (*.HsK) help files for Managed DX9 in the package, I just can''t get them to install properly. It''s very frustrating. The only way to view the compiled help files is through the VS tools. If I knew where Visual Studio checked to find compiled help files, I could just cut and paste them to the right spot and maybe that would work. I tried a couple of the more obvious places, but to no avail. Can anyone help?

The wizard aren''t compatible with 2003 but you can fix them. I put the info over here on this wiki on direct X...

http://www.seedwiki.com/page.cfm?doc=DirectxLinks&wikiid=2492&wpid=0

Goto to the 2003 Visual studio ..Now my problems were with C# but when I fixed this I have given this to others that fixed with Visual Basic.

Good Luck..

Of all the things that I have lost, it is my mind that I miss the most!

Thanks. Once I know what I''m doing, having wizards might be helpful. I did figure out the problem with the docs, or at least, I found a fix. Microsoft has a download of just the C# DX9 docs specifically for VS2003. I installed it and now it works. I suspect that the regular SDK is incompatible with VS2003. Nice of them to mention that in the docs *sarcasm*.