Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reaver1

How to make an Opengl window?

I know, my question is "a bit" n00bish but I''m only starting with c++ and opengl (I can make an API window tough)... I''m using Dev C++ (I believe it has some code differences from VC++) and the question is: How can I make an opengl window in Dev C++... If you can, then gimme a source or somethin with some comments in it (I just can''t "get" those tutorials). Thanks in advance... mail me the whole thingy plz. Linux is like a Wig-Wam: no Gates, no Windows, Apache inside.

My suggestion is that you learn the C++ language, learn how to use it properly. Not before that is there a point in creating an openGL window. You could might aswell shut the computer down, and stare at the black screen. That's your openGL window, it wouldn't differ at all from the "real deal"

[edited by - Caminman on July 26, 2003 6:29:49 AM]

quote:
Original post by Reaver1
If you can, then gimme a source or somethin with some comments in it (I just can''t "get" those tutorials).
Have you seen NeHe''s OpenGL tutorials? If you only want the source, there''s a download link at the bottom of each tutorial. It has Dev-C++ project files for most of the tutorials, too.

First of all: thx for help, Beer Hunter.

Second of all =D: Caminman: Have you read my WHOLE post? I guess not, coz I said I'm not a complete n00b there... I programmed in c++ before and I made an API window now so it's just that I don't know anything (from functions to the rest) of OpenGL...

Damn... sry, I said I'm new to C++ while I meant that I'm new to the Windows.h and opengl libraries....damn. :D

[edited by - Reaver1 on July 26, 2003 7:35:29 AM]