Question about DirectDraw with VB

Started by
2 comments, last by AnTiTrUsT-VB 20 years, 8 months ago
Hello, I''m sorry, I don''t speak english very well, so I try traduce my question in English : IN VB : I have a problem with the show of a surface DirectDraw with DirectX7...the initializing is good... but the picture I was load : Set Surface_Image = DD.CreateSurfaceFromFile(chemin_image, Brouillon_Surface_Pacman) & Surface_BackBuffer.BltFast 10, 10, Surface_Image, Rectangle(0, 0, 0, 0), DDBLTFAST_WAIT is show... only when my form is in the max size !!!! I don''t understand, and, when my form isn''t in max size, so when I don''t see the picture, the CPU = 100%! and the CPU < 100 % when the form is in his max size ! and it''s not my first prob, I had sometimes it... I''m so obliged do some my prog in max size.... Thanks ! ( and sorry for the English :/ )
AnTiTrUsT, a french programmer
Advertisement
I dont know for sure what your problem is, but you say that it does work if the form is full screen, and doesnt work if its not full screen, right? It looks to me like your blitting to a backbuffer, and, to my knowledge, windowed mode doesnt use a backbuffer, only full screen.

Hope this helps,
Lord Hen

Edit: directx4vb.com has lots of useful information

[edited by - Lord Hen on July 26, 2003 5:03:52 PM]
Thank you for your answer, but I think windowed mode use a backbuffer. See it (it''s in french sorry ;-) ) : http://camernet.ifrance.com/camernet/vb/ddclipping.htm
Thanks
An other idea ? plz ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement