frame update prob

Started by
1 comment, last by benjamin1441 20 years, 9 months ago
I''m having trouble with this source that moves the camera with the cursor keys. I can''t get it to redraw the frame, so that there''s no movement. I''ve tried using the glutIdleFunc but the compiler gives following error: 118 C:\Program Files\c++\Dev-Cpp\ben-prog\glgrid3.cpp invalid conversion from `void (*)(int, int)'' to `void (*)()'' Also, when I use glutInitDisplayMode (GLUT_DOUBLE | GLUT_RGB); as oppose to GLUT_SINGLE, all I get is a blank screen. What do I need to update frame? #include <math.h> #include <GL/gl.h> #include <GL/glu.h> #include <GL/glut.h> #include <stdlib.h> static float angle=0.0,ratio; static float x=0.0f,y=1.75f,z=5.0f; static float lx=0.0f,ly=0.0f,lz=-1.0f; static GLint snowman_display_list; void init(void) { glClearColor (0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0); glShadeModel (GL_FLAT); } void Draw3DSGrid(void) { // This function was added to give a better feeling of moving around. // A black background just doesn''t give it to ya We just draw 100 // green lines vertical and horizontal along the X and Z axis. // Turn the lines GREEN glColor3ub(0, 255, 0); // Draw a 1x1 grid along the X and Z axis'' for(float i = -50; i <= 50; i += 1) { // Start drawing some lines glBegin(GL_LINES); // Do the horizontal lines (along the X) glVertex3f(-50, 0, i); glVertex3f(50, 0, i); // Do the vertical lines (along the Z) glVertex3f(i, 0, -50); glVertex3f(i, 0, 50); // Stop drawing lines glEnd(); } } void display(void) { glClear (GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT); //glPushMatrix(); glColor3f (1.0, 1.0, 1.0); glLoadIdentity (); /* clear the matrix */ /* viewing transformation */ gluLookAt(x, y, z, x + lx,y + ly,z + lz, 0.0f,1.0f,0.0f); //gluLookAt (0.0, 1.0, 5.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0); glScalef (1.0, 2.0, 1.0); /* modeling transformation */ glutWireCube (1.0); Draw3DSGrid(); //glPopMatrix(); glFlush (); } void reshape (int w, int h) { glViewport (0, 0, (GLsizei) w, (GLsizei) h); glMatrixMode (GL_PROJECTION); glLoadIdentity (); glFrustum (-1.0, 1.0, -1.0, 1.0, 1.5, 20.0); glMatrixMode (GL_MODELVIEW); glutSwapBuffers(); } void orientMe(float ang) { lx = sin(ang); lz = -cos(ang); glLoadIdentity(); gluLookAt(x, y, z, x + lx,y + ly,z + lz, 0.0f,1.0f,0.0f); } void moveMeFlat(int direction) { x = x + direction*(lx)*0.1; z = z + direction*(lz)*0.1; glLoadIdentity(); gluLookAt(x, y, z, x + lx,y + ly,z + lz, 0.0f,1.0f,0.0f); } void inputKey(int key, int x, int y) { switch (key) { case GLUT_KEY_LEFT : angle -= 0.01f; orientMe(angle);break; case GLUT_KEY_RIGHT : angle +=0.01f; orientMe(angle);break; case GLUT_KEY_UP : moveMeFlat(1);break; case GLUT_KEY_DOWN : moveMeFlat(-1);break; } } int main(int argc, char** argv) { glutInit(&argc, argv); glutInitDisplayMode (GLUT_SINGLE | GLUT_RGB); glutInitWindowSize (500, 500); glutInitWindowPosition (100, 100); glutCreateWindow (argv[0]); init(); glutSpecialFunc ( inputKey ); glutDisplayFunc(display); glutIdleFunc(reshape); glutReshapeFunc(reshape); glutMainLoop(); return 0; }
Advertisement
first of all,change ur compiler lol

after that...see in http://nehe.gamedev.net/lesson.asp?index=02

i think that this helps :D

sorry about my english

_,,,^Ó..ò^,,,_
You already update you frame whenever you have finished drawing the previos one, right? Because of glutMainLoop. And you should add this:

lx = sin(ang);lz = -cos(ang);x = x + direction*(lx)*0.1;z = z + direction*(lz)*0.1;gluLookAt(x, y, z, x + lx,y + ly,z + lz,0.0f,1.0f,0.0f);

to display() AFTER the glLoadIdentity().

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Member of the Shove Pouya Off A Cliff club, SPOAC. (If you wish to join, add this line to your signature.)Member of "Un-Ban nes8bit" association, UNA (to join put this in your sig)"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement