• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nickwinters

OpenGL OpenGL and which languages?

This topic is 5538 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Which languages can OpenGL be used with? I know you can use C, C++, and Java (with bindings). Any others? How about C#? Another thing I''m interested in is SDL. Which languages can that be used with? My interest in exploring other languages is the simplification of creating GUIs, especially if we switch to Visual C# (since it''s drag and drop). Would we be able to create the gui and have a nested window that displays what we do with OpenGL/SDL? Thanks! -Nick

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
you can use opengl in any language that you can load DLLs from.

And even more langualges, like VB, c#.

Don''t take OpenGL and choose a languaue for it, but use the laguage you are good in, and take openlg!!

-Lev

P.S. verybody who finds any mistakes in my posting can keep ''em! me being drunk now! greetnigs and pray to the red wine god *bob marley: red red wiiiineee*

Yeah, you can use anything. I recommend C++,SDL,OpenGL. A nice portable, effective combination

darkone
Registered Linux User #317188

If I''m going to be creating multiple windows, and lots of guis (think freeciv), what API would you advise? I''m somewhat familiar with OpenGL (with Java), but I don''t fancy having to write my own components from scratch. I''ve already done a bit of that, and it''s getting old really quickly. Any API''s that come with pre-made guis?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!